9/12/21

Hello Old ...Friend?

 Wow.  I can't believe that it has been 11 years since I last messed around with this blog.  I also can't believe that 13 years later, I'm at the same job.  That has to be more nuts than anything.   I have seen so many people come and go that I have forgotten a lot of their names.  People will look at me crazy when they find out I'm at the same place.  I didn't know that job hopping was the thing to do.    Well you may ask what have I been up to besides that.  I eventually got and paid off my own car.   I really thought that that would open more doors for me career wise, but you know the whole 1 step forward 3 steps back came around with a vengeance and I was stagnant for several years.   Once again, my parent lost her job and I had to step up and help out again. Another step back.  Just as I was on the precipice of reinventing my life, 2020 came through like gangbusters and 10 steps back.  Covid 😷 has really effed up my barely made plans.  Well they weren't really plans as much as idea goals.  I had hoped that we would see some real progress this year  but it looks like it's going to be a repeat of last year.  I had really wanted to start traveling, but I don't feel comfortable  just hanging out and going about life as if this virus isn't still an issue.    There is so much that I missed out on in the years past either due to finances, lack of time, or lack of opportunity. It seems that  I just have to  live with that knowledge that I missed out on a good chunk of living.     One bright spot is  that I found my journal again and once again have an outlet. 

No comments: